(I would suggest perusing parts 1, 2, 3 before getting to involved in part 4)
We drove up to a much cleaner looking front of the shed – over the week MrGillis had been able to haul away the wood, plastic sheeting and such. We’re keeping all the windows we’ve taken out to make cold frames before snow hits. Our hope is that we’ll be able to start patches of leafy greens and cold tolerant veggies like peas super early next year.
My extremely handy husband, had our tank drained, put some Arotec fuel awesome stuff in( Its a water dispersal liquid that helps to protect your fuel from freezing) and had a delivery made. This Saturday morning, our first big deal was to get the furnace bled and started. Which my super handy husband did with the help of his phone.
After a few false starts, he got it going, and we blasted the heat up. We had a few hours yet tho before we could call it warm enough to lay out any glue for flooring.
So on the the next project.
Painting. Putting up shelves. Painting trim boards. Thwacking nails out of old trim boards to be reused. Taking out more windows. Laying trim board back down. Sweeping. More painting.
The list really goes on. We took a quick lunch break with one real intention when we got back. Laying floor in the future plant nursery.
Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I volunteered to apply the glue to the cleaned floor.
This is an awful, disgusting, sticky, stupid job. and I’m going to have to help do this at least 1,2,3,4,5,6 OH MY GOD 6 MORE FRIGGEN TIMES….
…. at least they wont all be at once. I guess. Also, the one jug we got, probably because I’m a novice glue applicator, didn’t cover the entire floor. MrGillis ran over to the local hardware store and bought the only type they had in stock.
We didn’t get any picture of unrolling the sheet, because it was really hard and awkward even with the two of us hefting it around. But we did it, and we cut the edges. Next we laid a bunch of scrap chipboard over the top to weight it down for a few days.
Last big job of the day- Sealing up the last few windows we had taken out.
At this point, I used up the last of the paint that I had poured into my tray earlier and took pictures while MrGillis really tightened up the seals on the old window spaces. in
Over the last few days, whenever he’s had spare time, he’s gone down to the stead and cleared some more of the trees that we need out of the way. We have to get more ground leveled out, and that hasn’t worked out the way we’ve wanted this past week.
Today – we go on our every other week shopping trip outta town and plan on buying the materials we need to do some more extensive work in the old homeshed. Including a very exciting trip to the AMISH!
Seriously, I love shopping at the Pioneer Place in Smyrna… We never walk out of there without some serious deal and some serious food.
Hopefully we can get a lot of that work done this next few days…. . There is an ever growing list of Honey Do Items for both of us- so on to it!
Oh, and have a wicked good day.