The perfect, easy peel hard boiled egg is….
Is actually steamed.. bah dum duh ting.
Hahahaha, no seriously.
I really love pictorial collages.
The gist of the whole shebang can be described in 7 basic steps as well.
- Put an inch of water and your steamer basket in your pot
- Get the water boiling
- Place eggs in steamer basket and cover
- Let eggs steam in peace for 12 minutes for hard boiled (if you’re looking for time on soft boiled, go some where else, I can’t help you) (ETA:I’ve since been told by others that they go for as long as 15 minutes, but we were very happy at the 12 minute mark.)
- During this time, get together a large bowl/pot of cold water, with ice cubes to get it EVEN MORE FRIGID.
- Get those eggs into your ice bath and let them cool COMPLETELY.
- Easy Squeezy peal some eggsies. I use the roll and pinch method, which baffles and infuriates my husband as I can clean 3 eggs to his one.
Now, do something delish – like these deviled eggs that we made with ours.
We took two trays of these beauties to a MrGillis side of the family reunion and I dare say they were a hit.
Until next time, have a wicked good day!